The dilemma we face amongst teams is that we believe responsibility and ownership is the same thing, when in fact it is not. Developing a strong sense of ownership will create the highest level of commitment to producing results and not just to complete a task.
It is important to note that you cannot be effective if you do not have the drive. You can use this drive to make a difference and start creating a mentality that is results-driven. The best way to achieve this is through taking ownership and avoiding similar problems in the future.
“Taking responsibility for your work is a given – taking responsibility for an outcome is great leadership.”
In this episode, Andrea shares with the audience some practical strategies on:
- The difference between responsibility and ownership & why they are important
- Why does having a strong sense of ownership will invite successful results
- How the difference between the two can enable your result-driven success
- How your team members drive and motivation can have an effect on your results
- Five steps to help you build ownership within your role
To read more on the article linked to this topic:
Link to World-Class Leadership Indicator Assessment:
For more information about Andrea’s work, go to:
For getting a weekly insight via email, subscribe at: